Who should have a flu vaccine?
Flu season is fast approaching and Triay Medical Centre have sent us the below information as a reminder of those who are especially in need of the annual flu shot / influenza vaccine.
- People aged 65 or over.
- Anybody with on-going (chronic) lung disease, e.g. asthma or chronic bronchitis.
- All patients with heart disease. e.g. angina or heart failure.
- Patients with serious kidney disease or liver disease.
- Immunosuppressed patients e.g. AIDS, transplants or those on immunosuppressant’s.
- Patient with serious diseases of the nervous system e.g. multiple sclerosis or stroke.
- Pregnant women – even if otherwise healthy it is now recommended for ALL pregnant women.
So if you are in need of a flu vaccination this year fell free to contact Triay Medical Centre in San Pedro, Marbella who can help with any of your flu shot questions and needs.